Thursday, June 2, 2016

Parking Lot

I'm away from work, but peeking at driverless news before I delete a mountain of useless emails. Uch! I hope I don't miss any needle-in-a-haystack important ones. I'm pretty good, though I've done that before.

This parking lot is for my own brain. Peruse if you please.

Legislation

Legislation introduced in Pennsylvania.

GM pushing Michigan legislation and positioning itself for future mobility business-model possibilities.

GoMentum recycles old military into driverless neighborhood - Honda grabs opportunity

Honda going slowly on the partially autonomous route and testing at GoMentum north of San Francisco.

Simplistic video, but shows the GoMentum facility, an old Army site.

Honda working on an affordable self-driving car that is environmentally friendly. Not the shared-use model GM and Ford are pursuing? (That's my question). Likely that neither business model will take over the entire market when it emerges. Just a guess. 

$$$ flow

Quicker, more nimble driverless mapping data - in real time - from Mapbox, an open-source-based map provider.

Lots of money flowing to Zoox, which is betting and planning on fleets of driverless taxipods (my word).

Kind of sweet that a business can be valued at so much more than it has as yet delivered, considering the risks and stiff competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment